Solano Groundwater Sustainability Plan
A Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) is the state-mandated plan to sustainably manage groundwater. Each GSP will contain an assessment of each basin, measurable objectives that are specific, and quantifiable goals for the maintenance or improvement of specified groundwater conditions that have been included in an adopted Plan to achieve the sustainability goal for the basin. The GSP will also include any necessary monitoring, management, enforcement, and other requirements to achieve and/or maintain sustainability.
Required Elements of a GSP
Under the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act, GSAs are required to develop GSPs with the following:
- Basin setting and description of groundwater conditions
- Hydrogeologic conceptual model (how the aquifers react to stresses in the basin over time and the interaction of surface water and groundwater systems)
- Data gaps and uncertainties
- Water budget that accounts for surface water and groundwater inflows and outflows
- Baseline conditions for supply, demand, hydrology, and surface water supply reliability
- Sustainable management criteria
- Minimum thresholds and measurable objectives for each sustainability indicator
- Monitoring network and protocols for each sustainability indicator
- Projects and management actions to achieve or maintain sustainability
- Public communications and engagement
Subscribe to Solano GSP Updates
Please take a few minutes to fill out this anonymous survey on water use and how best to get your input in the Solano Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan. Your input in this process is crucial; we thank you for taking the time!
We need your groundwater data! We are looking for voluntary data on groundwater conditions in certain areas within the subbasin-can you help us? This information will give us a better understanding of overall groundwater conditions in the Solano Subbasin. This map shows the areas where we have some data gaps. All personal information will be redacted.
Clicking on the link above will take you to the Solano Subbasin page where you can access a detailed map of the Solano Subbasin and GSA Boundaries.
- April 2, 2019-Dixon Community Center
- April 4, 2019-Rio Vista High School
- April 10, 2019-Vacaville Ulatis Center
* February 2017: GSA Prospective Board Workshop
Solano Groundwater Sustainability Agency
810 Vaca Valley Parkway, Vacaville, CA 95688
Tel: 707.451.6090 Fax: 707.451.6099