One of the requirements of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act is for active and effective public input on the Solano Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan. There are multiple ways for you stay on top of the plan as it comes together and to provide input:
- Staying informed: sign up for the Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan email list. You will get periodic updates on the Plan as well as useful information about groundwater in the region.
- Engaging: participate in one or all of the public input workshops that will be held once or twice a year throughout the four-year plan development process. These workshops will be timed at key moments when your input and insight will be critical.
- Connecting: Each GSA is the Collaborative is governed by a board and supported by staff. You are always encouraged to check in with your local representatives in the Plan development process.
Our goal is to have a robust, transparent process that brings people together around key questions that will influence the development of the Groundwater Sustainability Plan.
Community input is being facilitated by Ag Innovations, a nonprofit devoted to facilitating collaboration around issues related to agriculture, water, and our future. Ag Innovations facilitated past SGMA related workshops in the Solano Subbasin. You may also hear from The Freshwater Trust or the Local Government Commission, who received a grant to expand on community input in the Solano Subbasin.
We will be holding a series of public information meetings in the Spring of 2019 to keep community members up-to-date on the Solano Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan process and Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) compliance. If you can’t make one of the in-person meetings, you can also attend a webinar that will cover the same ground.
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Dixon Community Center
201 S. Fifth Street
Dixon, CA 95620
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Rio Vista High School
410 South 4th Street
Rio Vista, CA 94571
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Vacaville Ulatis Center
1000 Ulatis Drive
Vacaville, CA 95687
GSA BOARD MEETINGS
You are welcome to attend GSA Board meetings. These Board meetings have time for public comment at the end of each meeting. Below are standing dates for the Solano Subbasin GSAs:
City of Vacaville GSA – 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
Northern Delta GSA – 3rd Wednesday of each month
Sacramento County GSA – 2nd and 4th Tuesday and some Wednesdays of each month
Solano GSA – 2nd Thursday of every other month
Solano Irrigation District GSA – 3rd Tuesday of each month
PAST NEWSLETTERS AND MEETING RESULTS
We send out periodic newsletters that are intended to keep you informed of progress, respond to key questions about SGMA in the Solano Subbasin, and let you know about upcoming dates. Below you can find copies of past newsletters. Do sign up for our newsletters.
Subscribe to Solano GSP Updates
Please take a few minutes to fill out this anonymous survey on water use and how best to get your input in the Solano Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan. Your input in this process is crucial; we thank you for taking the time!
We need your groundwater data! We are looking for voluntary data on groundwater conditions in certain areas within the subbasin-can you help us? This information will give us a better understanding of overall groundwater conditions in the Solano Subbasin. This map shows the areas where we have some data gaps. All personal information will be redacted.
- April 2, 2019-Dixon Community Center
- April 4, 2019-Rio Vista High School
- April 10, 2019-Vacaville Ulatis Center
* February 2017: GSA Prospective Board Workshop
Solano Groundwater Sustainability Agency
810 Vaca Valley Parkway, Vacaville, CA 95688
Tel: 707.451.6090 Fax: 707.451.6099