One of the requirements of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act is for active and effective public input on the Solano Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan. There are multiple ways for you stay on top of the plan as it comes together and to provide input:
- Staying informed: sign up for the Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan email list. You will get periodic updates on the Plan as well as useful information about groundwater in the region.
- Engaging: participate in one or all of the public input workshops that will be held once or twice a year throughout the four-year plan development process. These workshops will be timed at key moments when your input and insight will be critical.
- Connecting: Each GSA is the Collaborative is governed by a board and supported by staff. You are always encouraged to check in with your local representatives in the Plan development process.
Our goal is to have a robust, transparent process that brings people together around key questions that will influence the development of the Groundwater Sustainability Plan.
Community input is being facilitated by Ag Innovations, a nonprofit devoted to facilitating collaboration around issues related to agriculture, water, and our future. Ag Innovations facilitated past SGMA related workshops in the Solano Subbasin. You may also hear from The Freshwater Trust or the Local Government Commission, who received a grant to expand on community input in the Solano Subbasin. To learn more about our full stakeholder engagement efforts, see Solano Subbasin GSA Collaborative Community Engagement Plan.
For Upcoming Events related to the Solano GSP, click here.
To catch up on past events, check out the Events Archive here.
To learn more about the Community Advisory Committee, click here.
For a list of Board Meetings for GSAs within the Solano Subbasin, click here.
Comment on the Draft GSP
Review and comment on Draft GSP sections by visiting this page
Subscribe to Solano Subbasin GSP Updates
We need your groundwater data! We are looking for voluntary data on groundwater conditions in certain areas within the subbasin-can you help us? This information will give us a better understanding of overall groundwater conditions in the Solano Subbasin. This map shows the areas where we have some data gaps. All personal information will be redacted.
Clicking on the link above will take you to the Solano Subbasin page where you can access a detailed map of the Solano Subbasin and GSA Boundaries.
- April 2, 2019-Dixon Community Center
- April 4, 2019-Rio Vista High School
- April 10, 2019-Vacaville Ulatis Center
* February 2017: GSA Prospective Board Workshop
Solano Groundwater Sustainability Agency
810 Vaca Valley Parkway, Vacaville, CA 95688
Tel: 707.451.6090 Fax: 707.451.6099