Upcoming Community Events
Community Advisory Committee Meeting March 3, from 3pm-5:15pm
Previous Community Meetings
Thanks to all of you who joined us for the Fall Virtual Town Hall on October 15th, 2020.
- Solano GSP Virtual Town Hall – English Recording
- Junta Comunitario Virtual de la Subcuenca de Solano – Grabación en Español
Here is the full set of slides from all the presentations, in case you’d like a closer look.
One of the requirements of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act is for active and effective public input on the Solano Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan. There are multiple ways for you stay on top of the plan as it comes together and to provide input:
- Staying informed: sign up for the Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan email list. You will get periodic updates on the Plan as well as useful information about groundwater in the region.
- Engaging: participate in one or all of the public input workshops that will be held once or twice a year throughout the four-year plan development process. These workshops will be timed at key moments when your input and insight will be critical.
- Connecting: Each GSA is the Collaborative is governed by a board and supported by staff. You are always encouraged to check in with your local representatives in the Plan development process.
Our goal is to have a robust, transparent process that brings people together around key questions that will influence the development of the Groundwater Sustainability Plan.
Community input is being facilitated by Ag Innovations, a nonprofit devoted to facilitating collaboration around issues related to agriculture, water, and our future. Ag Innovations facilitated past SGMA related workshops in the Solano Subbasin. You may also hear from The Freshwater Trust or the Local Government Commission, who received a grant to expand on community input in the Solano Subbasin. To learn more about our full stakeholder engagement efforts, see Solano Subbasin GSA Collaborative Community Engagement Plan.
GSP Community Advisory Committee
The Solano GSA Collaborative has formed a Community Advisory Committee (CAC) comprised of community leaders from diverse sectors, communities, and geographical locations in the Solano Subbasin to provide review for specific sections or concepts in the GSP. GSP Advisory Committee meetings are open to the public for observation, and include time at the end for public comments.
For a list of members and to learn more about the CAC and its mission, please see the Solano GSP Community Advisory Committee Charter. Please note, this is a “living document” and will be updated and revised as the CAC engages in its work and discovers ways this document can be improved.
You can also watch the the information session and kick-off event for the CAC, which took place on June 25th. Click here to watch the recording. If you’d like to view the slides featured in the recording, click here for Solano Subbasin and SGMA slides and here for the Groundwater 101 For slides.
Next CAC Meeting:
Wednesday, March 3rd, from 3 pm- 5:15pm
If you’re interested in joining the CAC, or if you’d like to register to join the next meeting as an observer, please contact Aimee Ryan at email@example.com.
Previous CAC Meetings
October 29th, 2020
August 17th, 2020
Look Back Frequently for Updates
A series of public information meetings were held in the Spring of 2019 to keep community members up-to-date on the Solano Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan process and Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) compliance.
Presentations from the April 2019 Open House meetings:
- Solano GSP April 2019 Open House Meetings-Facilitators Slides
- Solano GSP April 2019 Open House Meetings-Sustainable Groundwater Management Act Slides
- Solano GSP April 2019 Open House Meetings-Groundwater Sustainability Agencies Slides
- Solano GSP April 2019 Open House Meetings-Groundwater in the Solano Subbasin Slides
- Full Recording of Open House meeting on April 10, 2019 in Vacaville (1 hour 46 minutes) You Tube
- Grabación completa de la reunión de puertas abiertas el 20 de abril de 2019 en Vacaville (1 hora 46 minutos) You Tube
Handouts from the April 2019 Open House meetings:
- The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act in the Solano Subbasin
- Monitoring to Maintain Sustainability in the Solano Subbasin
- Solano Groundwater Sustainability Plan Schedule at a Glance
- Getting Involved in Groundwater-Union of Concerned Scientists
- Participe en el manejo de su cuenca-Union of Concerned Scientists
- Groundwater-An Essential Part of California’s Water Budget-Department of Water Resources
- Sustainable Groundwater Management Act Facts-Department of Water Resources
- Testing Your Domestic Well
- A Guide for Domestic Well Owners-State Water Resources Control Board
- Guia para propetarios de pozos domesticos-State Water Resources Control Board
- Domestic Well Users and SGMA-Department of Water Resources and State Water Resources Control Board
GSA BOARD MEETINGS
You are welcome to attend GSA Board meetings. These Board meetings have time for public comment at the end of each meeting. Below are standing dates for the Solano Subbasin GSAs:
- City of Vacaville GSA – 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
- Northern Delta GSA – 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Sacramento County GSA – 2nd and 4th Tuesday and some Wednesdays of each month
- Solano GSA – 2nd Thursday of every other month
- Solano Irrigation District GSA – 3rd Tuesday of each month
Comment on the Draft GSP
Review and comment on Draft GSP sections by visiting this page
Subscribe to Solano GSP Updates
Please take a few minutes to fill out this anonymous survey on your water use and how we can best incorporate your input into the Solano Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan. Your input in this process is crucial; we thank you for taking the time!
We need your groundwater data! We are looking for voluntary data on groundwater conditions in certain areas within the subbasin-can you help us? This information will give us a better understanding of overall groundwater conditions in the Solano Subbasin. This map shows the areas where we have some data gaps. All personal information will be redacted.
Clicking on the link above will take you to the Solano Subbasin page where you can access a detailed map of the Solano Subbasin and GSA Boundaries.
- April 2, 2019-Dixon Community Center
- April 4, 2019-Rio Vista High School
- April 10, 2019-Vacaville Ulatis Center
* February 2017: GSA Prospective Board Workshop
Solano Groundwater Sustainability Agency
810 Vaca Valley Parkway, Vacaville, CA 95688
Tel: 707.451.6090 Fax: 707.451.6099